Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pet Spotlight: Lucerne Valley Hoarder rescues

I am going to showcase for some of our rescued dogs. Patches, Snowmom, Lilly, and Sweetheart were all rescued from a horrendous property in Lucerne Valley. 


We all came from a hoarder who is now in jail for only one year for starving us and our friends and family. Most of our friends had already passed on before Helping Paws was notified and the rest of us were rescued. Even though this woman did not have the money to feed any of us, she refused to give us up to a better family and just watched our friends die of starvation one after another. Animal Control came out and were able to get the remaining of our horse friends. Helping Paws did not find out about us until a shockingly 1 1/2 years after our abuser was arrested. They left all of us and our feline friends on the property and the woman was still calling the shots on what happened to us. There was originally 32 of us doggies left on the property, but only 11 of us and 1 litter of puppies survived to the point of the wonderful people from Helping Paws came and rescued us. All of us females that were left ready to deliver puppies very soon after our rescue. We were all very thin and limping because of the nails and trash all over the property that we couldn't avoid stepping on. The property we were on was not fenced, but we are all very loyal dogs and we waited there for whatever food our abuser would let the caretaker feed us. The caretaker would rarely feed us because he believed we would only be good guard dogs if we were left hungry.


Hi, my name is Lilly, and I'm a 1 1/2 year old female Border Collie mix. I was one of a very few who were able to see our wonderful rescuers.  
Hi, my name is Patches, and I'm also a 1 1/2 year old female Border Collie mix. I'm a sweety that loves to cuddle up on anyone that will let me and I will be a great family dog.
Hi, my name is Snow Mom and I'm a 1 1/2-2 year old Husky mix. I was found with my final surviving litter of puppies under a blown off roof in the snow. My litter was all adopted out through Helping Paws to great homes and now I'm waiting on the perfect family to come and adopt me. I miss my puppies, and I mother all of my canine buddies.
My name is Sweetheart, and I'm a 1 year old White German Shepherd mix who is still understandably timid. I need a good family that will love me out of my shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment